I have been asked to go for a robotic surgery in October but am wondering if with the PSA at 3.7 for the past two years whether I should defer it. Also should I have another biopsy done to rule out any doubts.
Sorry for the long delay in responding but have jumped a pace or two and went for the robotic on the 21 February - exactly a month ago.
Am recuperating quite well except for a weight loss of 3kg and intense itching in the scrotum and penile shaft. Am also having to go through about four to five diapers a day and get the dribbles. I go for weekly pysiotherapy and do mostly Kegels.
Besides the odd downs because of these things appetite and movement seems o.k. Eagerly looking forward to being diaper free and able to lift some things instead of being told by the missus not to carry this and that.
Any feedback or advice will be greatly appreciated. My scheduled appointment with the specialist is on May 5th.
Thanks for your concern.
One year on in and Feb. Have been feeling fairly well except for the use of pads normally one a day unless imbibing in beers. Have scrotal and penile itching and dampness but otherwise feeling good.
On six monthly follow ups PSA seems to be steady and lifestyle is as previous to the robotic.
Happy with life.
Going for six monthly check on the 9 th of Sept. after PSA which was done two weeks ago. Otherwise all seems to be well. At the moment on one baby diaper a day when I go out to catch the accidents and if have too much of fluids. I try to continue kegels on a regular basis which seems to help in the rehab.
February 22nd will reach my fifth anniversary and am looking forward to a drop in my P.S.A.
Had been told that I have some UTI and was asked to take antibiotics but stopped after some side effects. Finished my neutrilizer and hoping all will be well. Looking forward to a great year ahead.
Selva's e-mail address is: firstname.lastname@example.org